1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

VR interference

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Does anyone notice a strange interfering image in VR? To me it happens with thinner lines of light or the lens flares. It looks like the image is in part quickly shaking or vibrating.

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Floriaan,

Is this new in R45? No one's ever reported anything like this, iirc. It may have something to do with potentially-limited HMD resolution, in which case there won't be anything we can do about it. Which VR system are you using, please?

3. Floriaan

We are using an Oculus Rift S VR headset. I never noticed this with our old set, which we don’t have anymore. We made the switch to a new PC with a new graphics card and a new headset together with the switch to R45. It could be any one of those variables.

#3 Floriaan, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Floriaan. We don't have access to CAST's Oculus Rift S at the moment, but we should be able to check this at some point next week. I'll get back to you here once we've done so.

Cheers,

Dany

5. darren powell

darren powell Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there,
    I'm not quite sure what you are decribing but the closet observation to this 'interfering image' I've experienced was a kind of high frequency shimmering effect that appeared worse (or more apparent) on thin objects (even on the beams from the VR controllers). it was related to the scene complexity and computer hardware.
    If you send your file to techsupport I can verify if it's the same issue i experienced.

Regards

Darren

6. Floriaan

Hi, it is the shimmering effect. The statistics say it is is a medium complex scene with evrything in the geen or yellow. If I keep my lens flare off it reduces this shimmering a lot.

My videocard is a RTX2080Ti , so it should not be a limitation o the card. statistics.JPG

7. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

What Dany says is not entirely true ... I already had this effect in the beta release and has never been resolved and certainly reported to Cast!
    (Oculus Rift / GTX1080Ti) This is one of the reasons that I still don't use this function in customer presentations but export 360 degree images and make them interactive in another program.