1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

What's Happening to the Forum/Customer Outreach?

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Zakk Bosserman, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Zakk Bosserman

Hey All!

I've gone back and looked, and there have been a ton of questions from users over the last several months regarding functionality of Wyg itself, special questions having to do with the way certain things are done, tons of feature requests and technical issues with wyg, and my own personal issues having to do with creating support tickets and the use of the members' only site. As far as I can tell, and if someone could correct me I'm all for it, but it seems like we haven't gotten an answer from anyone at CAST regarding any of this in something like 8 months. There have been a few posts from Dany regarding the cloud program, and one from Darren in October re: Parallels, but other than that we have to go back to May of 2023 to see communication from anyone at CAST.

In short, WHAT HAPPENED?

2. Cormac

Cormac Member

Hi,
    from my own experience when the information does come on the forum its detailed and correct ,but the forum response time isn't very useful.
    If i have an urgent issue i email because as you noted you could be waiting an extended time for a reply.
    When the information does come it's usually very detailed and does lay out clearly the possible solution so that is a positive.

Best

3. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

Hi Zakk,
    From what I recall the guys at cast telling me years ago.
    The forum was set-up as a place for users to interact with each other mainly.

Castsoft does not have a dedicated person for the forum so they tend to check in when they can. usually once a week.

For things like fixture request and tech support. email should always be your first round of attack. as funny as it sounds.. Tech support emails are free with the subscription. and they tend to reply within a day or two (unless a holiday weekend like this weekend)
    Posting on the forum won't be a quick way of solving an issue unless another user happens to had same issue and can TRY to help out by offering what worked for them.

Feature request is a good start to post here as there are not many paces to get what others think of the idea. but I found if you email and the idea peaks an interest they will reach out to chat and often either say it won't be for a while or it may be coming down the pipe soon.

This was one of the ways my friendship with the guys at Cast was built up. to point when I'm in Toronto I try to stop by and see them in person now. I also am lucky enough to have an more open communication with Dino, Dany and Peter for about anything I need help with. but I still use Tech Support and have chats with Darren when needed.

I found with facebook around more users tend to go there then here. and the forum become more a check in place for some of us long term users.

Emailing tech support is still the best option. one thing I can say is they like to interact and help with the users. something other programs out there don't give the option for... send email wait a week, get textbook reply and case number, Have an idea... who cares not on their plans.
    Talk with the people making the program.... pure dreams.
    Reason why I love Wyg so much.