1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Wizards

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Campbell, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Campbell

Campbell New Member

I would love to see more wizards in WYSIWYG to help with the creation of architecture. Some examples of this would be a staircase wizard, a seating wizard (for making theater seating automatically in all configurations). A wizard that allows for the editing of library objects like widows, tables, chairs etc. would be nice as well.

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I was just going to ask for something similar. I know the seating wizard already exists in Vivien, so it must be possible to port. (At sone point it is a matter of what makes the two programs different enough from each other to maintain them both.)
    For Wysiwyg it makes sense to have something like a crowd wizard, for groups of both standing and sitting people. This should be faster then picking random postures by hand and should also be highly optimized for performance. For instance these could already be consolidated meshes on a per row or per section basis.

The other examples you give could be useful, but I have my doubt on how useful it is to be able to edit library items beyond what already is possible with scaling and by editing the properties>appearance.
    Sometimes it is then better to search for what you want in 3dwarehouse or to create it from scratch (in wyg or autocad/sketchup)