1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Wysiwyg R36 - How can I lock the toolbars in place?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by John Bishop, May 20, 2016.

1. John Bishop

John Bishop New Member

I have set up Wysiwyg R36 with all the toolbars in my preferred positions.
    Is there a simple way to lock them in place, so that I don't accidentally move them while working quickly?

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry but this is not possible.. do you know of any software that offers such an option?

What you CAN do, however, is save your toolbar layout to a WYSIWYG User Data (.wud) file, and restore it as/if needed. For information about using .wud files, please consult the WYSIWYG Reference Guide.

Cheers,

Dany

3. John Bishop

John Bishop New Member

Hi Dany, thanks for your reply.

Yes, AutoCAD has the command LOCKUI which locks the user interface. There are 5 options to choose from, including locking the position (and properties) of docked toolbars, palettes and floating windows in place. It works very well. Here's a link to AutoCAD's Help if you would like to read more about it.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-19C5EEB0-D2DD-4726-89A7-3D346B513715

Sadly, I already knew about Wysiwyg's .wud files... hence my original question. Applying my .wud file loads the horizontal toolbars in their correct positions, but the vertical toolbars to the left and to the right of my screen always load about an inch down from the position I placed them in.

It is a tad annoying to have to drag them up into place every time that I load a new Wyg file and also a bit irritating that I can easily drag a toolbar from it's docked position into the main window, which sometimes happens when I am being clumsy or working quickly.

It would be lovely to be able to lock all the palettes and toolbars in position... maybe a right click on the toolbar would present an option to allow the toolbar to be undocked, either temporarily or permanently.

Anyway, many thanks for the advice so far.

John