1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

wysiwyg R44 Update 2 is now available

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Dany, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to mention that Update 2 for wysiwyg R44 is now live, so if it hasn't happened already, the next time you start R44 you will be prompted to download & install this Update -- as long as you have automatic checking enabled (in Application Options > General tab). If you don’t, you can always check manually via the HELP menu (while on the Welcome Screen). Release Notes will appear at the same time, in case you want to know what this Update brings to the table.

This is likely the last Update that we will release for R44, as we are now concentrating on R45, which is due in the summer.

Enjoy. [​IMG]

2. Cormac

Cormac Member

Hi Dany,
    I'm having an issue installing the new update.
    Using a Win 10 PC (with all updates) with WYG 1.44.38.12. installed.
    If i try to update using the auto-update within WYG the update downloads and i get a prompt to restart WYG which i do but the update is not installed, i then open WYG again and i get the option to download the update again?
    If i manually download the update it downloads but it won't install (i'm switching off virus protection Norton in this case)
    I have verified the download using the Hashcalc with results posted.

Thanks C

Attached Files:

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Also, please be aware that if you have a windows installation with more then one user, be sure to install the update from the same useraccount that was used to do the original installation. Otherwise the library might get corrupted.

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Cormac,

Apologies for the trouble. This is highly unusual, and, as far as I know, not a situation encountered by anyone else. (If someone did, they never reported it.)

Have you opted to download the Update Installer again? It's possible that the download was not successful in some way, in which case that installer would not start.

You write that the full R44 Update 2 installer that you downloaded from the Members Only Area and for which you verified the hash values (they are indeed correct) "won't install". What is the error message that appears when you attempt to run this installer? Or does it start but not complete?

Please contact support directly about this; when you do, in addition to providing this same information, please also answer my questions (as they will need to know all this in order to assist you).

Thanks,
    Dany

5. Cormac

Cormac Member

Hi Dany,
    Replies in-line

Have you opted to download the Update Installer again? It's possible that the download was not successful in some way, in which case that installer would not start. Yes cannot install.

You write that the full R44 Update 2 installer that you downloaded from the Members Only Area and for which you verified the hash values (they are indeed correct) "won't install". What is the error message that appears when you attempt to run this installer? Or does it start but not complete?
    No error.It does not start.

Please contact support directly about this; when you do, in addition to providing this same information, please also answer my questions (as they will need to know all this in order to assist you).

6. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Cormac. I see that you've emailed Tech Support; please continue to work with them to resolve this issue. Again, it is unique to you (or maybe a first, but I think from the many thousands of downloads of the update, if other users had the same issue, they would have contacted us by now).

7. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you tell me what led you to this conclusion? You never reported such an issue to us, nor did you mention it until just now. Did it just happen? How do you know that the library got corrupted? And what exactly do you mean by "corrupted"? Do you experience Library errors while wysiwyg starts? Are you unable to add fixtures to your files? Are fixtures behaving incorrectly?

8. Floriaan

Well, after installation I already got a warning that the library might not be working and if so, that I should contact technical support. It appeared to be true and wysiwyg doesn't start saying it couldn't read the library. Since I was in a hurry, and you still sound a-sleep at the other side of the ocean, I decided to reinstall R44 and the update. It might have something to do with the second user not having administrator rights or that my anti-virus was still on (which you are warned for on a clean install, but not with the update). With other programs I've had a similar issue on the second user account, so I figured it to be the case this time. Do you think it might be something else?

9. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Floriaan. I don't know what it could be actually.. this is another bit of news to me. I've passed this information to QA and they will look into it; someone may contact you directly for more information.

10. Floriaan

Could it be due to the fact that I have custom (beta) library items installed in the library?