1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Cannot draw all kinds of triangles

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I cannot draw any other triangle than an equilateral triangle. If I try to draw anything else or try to move any vertexes I get the message that I have intersecting lines, which is not true.

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi @Floriaan

Am I correct to assume that you are using WYSIWYG's Polygon tool to draw the initial triangle? If so, this tool was designed to only produce equilateral polygons; it is no different than similar tools found in other CAD software. Furthermore, I do not believe that other software (AutoCAD for example) features an "Isosceles Triangle" tool -- but of course, I am not familiar with every CAD app out there. Drawing such a triangle manually is very easy and involves only the most basic geometry, but we could consider adding a tool which automates this drawing, if requested.

I just spent 15 minutes checking triangular objects (both Lines (outlines) and Surfaces) created with the Polygon tool for problems such as the ones you described above, but have not come across any. Can you provide a series of steps that always lead to the error message -- or a short video that shows the same?

Thanks,

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Helpdesk to customer: "Have you tried closing and opening wysiwyg?"
    Customer: "That solved the problem, thank you very much..."
    BUT WHY??????

Sorry to have wasted 15 minutes of your time, but be assured that it took me much longer to get my head around this problem... I thought I was getting crazy. Luckily I cannot reproduce this anymore.

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh, no worries at all Floriaan! Glad to hear this is not an issue after all! :)