1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Nvidia studio driver vs gaming driver

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks!' started by krabe, Dec 24, 2020.

1. krabe

krabe New Member

Hello,
    as it suggested in wysiwyg requirements, I've bought a "gaming-level" video card GTX 1650 Ti.
    I read :"The latest NV Studio Driver 431.70 specifically optimizes Magix VEGAS Pro v17, Autodesk Arnold, Allegorithmic Substance Painter 2019.2, Blender 2.80, Cinema 4D R21, and Otoy Octane Render 2019.2.
    If you use those applications then this driver may make for a better experience and is recommended. The extent of the benefits will depend on your workload and render options and times."
    in NVIDIA Studio Driver vs. GeForce Game Ready Driver Performance (thefpsreview.com)

I'm note sure, for shaded and cad views, is it better to keep gaming driver or install studio driver?

Thanks

2. ShaunC

ShaunC Member

I doubt you will notice much (if any) performance difference between those drivers in Wysiwyg.
    The Game Ready Driver has a frequent release schedule where they are making optimizations to recent/popular 'AAA Games' every week or so, where the Studio Driver is updated monthly/quarterly and making optimizations of those programs you listed.

CAD view performance will be bound to your CPU, and shaded view to your GPU.

Most performance gains in Shaded View are seen in optimizing your WYG File and reducing complexity/quality. If you're only exporting still images from shaded view you don't really need maximum FPS. You can turn down quality until you've set your lights and camera, then boost the quality for exporting. If you are using Wyg as a Visualizer (with a lighting console) then you will want to be as responsive as possible and as pretty (quality) as you can get it without killing performance.